Monday, February 10, 2014

Fence Post Planter and Our Patio

A few months ago David built a planter for our patio out of 6 redwood fence posts

Since spring is here, I thought I would share it with you today


Our patio does have a southern exposure which equals lots of light all day, but the front of our balcony has concrete instead of railing so that section gets indirect light most of the day, so a shade plant is needed.

Yesterday, I planted impatiens in our planter


I am hoping that they will look something like this soon ...

 

 Also recently planted, English Daisies - which love shade.


 My favorite is the lavender because it is drought/heat resistant and always looks great


Some herbs ready to be planted that I purchased when they were on sale


spearmint, cilantro, basil, peppermint, and rosemary 

These will be going in a new planter - the plan is for a ladder planter against this wall which gets mid morning to late afternoon sun (photo was taken shortly before sunset)

 

We have already purchased fence posts, maybe we will make it this weekend?

You can see our little lemon tree in the corner, only tiny green lemons right now ...

I would also like to add some hanging baskets on the beam, since they would get loads of sunlight.

Also, if you havent heard me mention it we are currently living at the beach, since I have never lived remotely close the the beach ... I am pretty excited about it


The photo was taken from our patio, while it doesnt capture the full immenseness of the view you kinda get the idea ... on the far left are the Oceano dunes (where part of Pirates of the Caribbean was filmed) and Pismo Beach is on the right

On a side note, I am tired of smelling people barbeque around dinner time, so we are getting a grill this weekend :) 

So many projects to do ... what will we do this weekend? planter, swap overhead light in bedroom, two mirrors to repair and paint, and finish other half of console table

Check back to see what we get done

Hope you have a great weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment