Sunday, February 23, 2014

ARTICLES DE PARIS french dressing chest

 

ONE MONTH TO WIN IT
craft competition started last week so
I stopped in to see all the project for the week and to cast my vote.
There are 12 compeditors and each week there is a required subject to work with.
The first week brought many projects using graphics from the well known site
THE GRAPHICS FAIRY

It just so happened there was a great lingerie chest revamp that definetly stuck out in the competition.
I love a great furniture redo.
FREDDY AND PETUNIA
Mean while I had a dresser stuck in the corner of my work room needing a little something special.


Heres what I did and the image I used.


 


After altering the printout into 9 reverse sheets from the computer, trimming it, taping it together and positioning it on the drawers it took an hour and a half to burnish the transfer onto the surface.

 
My hands and arms do get sore because I don’t stop once I start because
I dont want to risk the image shifting.

 
Michaels has tons of Sharpie Markers for all sorts of projects.
Who could ask for more than paint in a pen. I bought 2 brown
paint pens for this dresser.


I talked about using Sharpies when I first did my TRAVEL CHEST


Once finished I sanded all the drawer faces for an aged look.


Then they get waxed and buffed.


 
 
Different graphic transfer methods can be found here

  
***********************************
 
ALSO ...
Stop in to see whats new in shabby chic white hardware available at firstfinds.
 
There are over 1000 pieces of used hardware to choose from
Etsy Shop.
 
 

 
***********************************************************
 
On another note ...
MOBILE HOME LIVING

interviewed me last week.
Head on over there to read all about it.


Sharing at:

Miss Mustard Seeds Creative Blogfive days five ways | feature friday free for all The 36th AvenuePhotobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment