Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Unique under bed storage solution

WWMM Under bed storage systemWhen researching storage and organization projects, I was reminded how much space is available under a bed. We have several under-bed storage boxes that contain things we rarely use. Maybe once or twice a year.

I thought would be nice to utilize under bed space for long-term storage, but also be able to store and access more frequently used items without having to drag out the entire box.

My storage unit has a large back section with a removable lid for storing less-used, maybe seasonal items. The front of this cabinet has a drawer allowing easy access to things you need to get to more often.

Most under bed storage boxes have wheels on them, but I dont believe they are necessary. I attached furniture glides to the underside of this unit, allowing it to slide easily on wood floors or carpet.

Plans:

Before using the dimensions in these plans, be sure to carefully measure the space beneath the bed you are going to use. I designed mine to fit under my king-sized bed, but the frames of these vary greatly. Also make sure to account for areas of the bedframe that extend lower than the mattress. 

  • WWMM Under bed storage cabinet (pdf)
  • Sketchup file




0 comments:

Post a Comment